Larry is the firm’s managing partner. With more than thirty years’ experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in the courts of the State of Delaware, he has focused most of his practice on handling employment matters on behalf of both management and individuals, allowing him the advantage of gaining insight on both perspectives of employment issues. A large percentage of his work involves representing physicians and medical practices in employment and commercial litigation. The prosecution and defense of lawsuits involving the enforcement of non-competition agreements and related unfair competition and trade secret disputes also comprise a good portion of his practice.
In addition to litigation, Larry advises companies, physicians and executives with respect to issues arising from employment contracts and related agreements. Clients often utilize his services to negotiate employment contracts and to represent their interests when issues and problems arise either during an employment relationship or after it has ended.
Larry also is often involved in other types of complex commercial litigation, including the defense of legal malpractice claims.
Larry has held an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2012. He also has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® (2012 to 2021) and as Lawyer of the Year 2015, 2019 and 2021, Employment Law – Individuals, Delaware Today – Top Lawyers 2019 – Labor Law for Employer, Chambers USA, and as a Senior Fellow by the Litigation Counsel of America.
From the Chambers USA Guide:
“Terrific attorney” Laurence Cronin of Smith, Katzenstein & Jenkins LLP has significant experience representing both employees and employers in employment-related litigation. Sources speak highly of his tenacity as a litigator while also describing him as a “really practical person who helps achieve the best client outcomes.”
- Successfully resolved a legal malpractice case on behalf of lawyer and law firm defendants in which the plaintiff had sought a multi-million dollar recovery. Case settled prior to trial with judgment being entered on behalf of defendant lawyer and law firm with plaintiff agreeing to pay a substantial portion of defendants’ attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained a preliminary injunction on behalf of company seeking to enforce a non-competition agreement. Case ultimately settled with payment of substantial financial consideration and stipulated injunctive relief.
- Obtained favorable post-trial decision on behalf of defendants in a wrongful termination case brought by former senior executive of large medical practice.
- Successfully negotiated dozens of separation agreements on behalf of companies and individuals both before and after commencement of litigation.
- Successfully negotiated multiple plaintiff discrimination lawsuit against public sector employer.