Roger D. Anderson
Education & Admissions
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (B.F.A., high honors 1983)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D. cum laude 1996)
- Supreme Court of the State of Delaware
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- Delaware State Bar Association; Member, Corporation Law Section, Subcommittee On Delaware Alternative Entities
- Delaware State Bar Association; Member, Commercial Law Section
- American Bar Association; Member, Business Law Section, Limited Liability Companies, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee and Legal Opinion Committee
Roger serves as Delaware counsel to private equity funds, hedge funds and mutual funds in connection with the formation and operation of Delaware corporate and alternative entities, including organization, merger, conversion and dissolution. Clients seek his counsel on the duties and obligations of directors, managers, trustees and partners of Delaware entities on related contractual and commercial issues. Roger’s practice also includes the delivery of third-party opinions related to Delaware corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and statutory trusts. He also handles matters dealing with the Delaware UCC.
Roger is actively involved in the ongoing development of law related to alternative entities. He is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association Corporate Law Section’s Subcommittee on Delaware Alternative Entities, a drafting committee responsible for monitoring and updating the Delaware Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act, the Delaware Revised Partnership Act and the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act. He also is active at the national level through membership on American Bar Association committees focused on alternative entities. In addition, he previously served as the co-author of Limited Partnerships: Legal Aspects of Organization, Operation, and Dissolution, 24-4th C.P.S. (BNA).
- Advised on Delaware limited partnership matters and provided legal opinions in connection with a $240 million recapitalization
- Served as Delaware counsel in connection with private equity fund merger acquisition of a complex of investment funds
- Provided advice on Delaware limited partnership matters and legal opinions in connection with a $3.5 billion private equity fund
- Served as Delaware counsel in connection with a private equity fund securing a $100 million credit facility